Sixth Annual Pig Island Returns to Red Hook September 12th
A single ticket includes all-you-can-eat/drink food, beer, cider, wine and whiskey all day long!
Food Karma Projects is happy to announce the 6th Annual Pig Island™, returning to the beautiful Erie Basin Park in Red Hook on Saturday, September 12th from 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Showcasing the best of New York State local farmers, chefs, brewers, “real”cider makers and vintners all dedicated to bringing home the bacon, Pig Island returns with 20+ chefs from all five boroughs cooking up 80+ hogs sourced from Flying Pigs Farm.
After last year’s event, we heard you and have made some changes to improve logistics. Thus, this year’s Pig Island will be offering fewer tickets overall and adding some group packages. All tickets include all-you-can-eat pork dishes, plus all-you-can-drink beer by Sixpoint, NY State wines, cider and – new this year – whiskeys!
ALL-INCLUSIVE tickets are $85, which includes all food, craft beer, wine, cider, spirits and access to dishes served up by the following chefs (currently scheduled to attend and subject to change):
- Kurt Michael Friese (founding leader of Slow Food Iowa and Slow Food USA board member, Iowa City restaurant Devotay) will team with Ryan Byrd of Fleisher’s Craft Butchery
- Butcher Shop Hudson and Charles
- East Village Favorite Northern Spy
- Sotto 13 – Chef Ed Cotton
- Thomas Perone (NYC Pig Guy) will be returning to serve up Agape Pulled Pork Sandwich: Grecian Style Pulled Pork, Crispy Skin, Pork Belly, Feta and Spiced up Tzatziki
- Michael Jenkins (Butter) returns for the sixth year
- Pitmaster Robbie Richter, the original pitmaster for Hill Country BBQ and Fatty ‘Cue Brooklyn
- Egg Restaurant’s Evan Hanczor and George Weld will serve up a Braised Bacon End Sandwich with Salsa Verde and Egg Hot Sauce
- Martin Høedholt of Revolving Dansk/Copenhagen Street Dogs
- Ovelia – Peter Giannakas
- Ends Meat – Chef John Ratliff
- Erika Nakamura and Jocelyn Guest of The Breslin Bar & Dining Room
- Arrogant Swine – Chef Tyson Ho will be serving up Whole Hog Loatian-Style with Ginger-Grapefruit Foam
- Route 66 Smokehouse – Pitmaster Bill Kooper
- Danny Mena and Evan Smith of Hecho en Dumbo
- King Phojanakong from Tito King’s Kitchen at Jimmy’s No. 43 will serve whole roasted Filipino-style “Lechon” pig
- Roni-Sue’s Chocolates will cook up Nasty Bits: Bacon/Chile Pretzels
- Chef Jesse Jones (Chef Jesse Concepts)
- Neuman’s Kitchen will serve up 7 Deadlly Sins of Swine!
- East Village Meat Market collaboration with Flying Pigs Farm
- Plus, vegetarian options from Bittergreen and NYC Hot Sauce Company
- More, TBA
In addition, we’ll have craft beer from Sixpoint, plus more NY State wine, cider and whiskeys this year. There will be great chef prizes for best dishes courtesy of sponsor WÜSTHOF. New this year: all our chefs will be grilling over Royal Oak Charcoal! We also plan on having a water vendor return this year in the event of another hot September.
Or beat the heat with your very own VIP tent! VIP tents include a private tent, table, dedicated wine service and entry for six (additional tickets can be purchased if your party is larger than six people; as always, kids under 12 are free with paying adult).
Tickets are ALL-INCLUSIVE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. Includes admission for one person, unlimited beer and pork samples; cider, wine and additional beverages also included in this admission.