Sixth Annual Pig Island Returns to Red Hook September 12th
A single ticket includes all-you-can-eat/drink food, beer, cider, wine and whiskey all day long!
Food Karma Projects is happy to announce the 6th Annual Pig Island™, returning to the beautiful Erie Basin Park in Red Hook on Saturday, September 12th from 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Showcasing the best of New York State local farmers, chefs, brewers, “real”cider makers and vintners all dedicated to bringing home the bacon, Pig Island returns with 20+ chefs from all five boroughs cooking up 80+ hogs sourced from Flying Pigs Farm.
After last year’s event, we heard you and have made some changes to improve logistics. Thus, this year’s Pig Island will be offering fewer tickets overall and adding some group packages. All tickets include all-you-can-eat pork dishes, plus all-you-can-drink beer by Sixpoint, NY State wines, cider and – new this year – whiskeys!
ALL-INCLUSIVE tickets are $85, which includes all food, craft beer, wine, cider, spirits and access to dishes served up by the following chefs (currently scheduled to attend and subject to change):
• Chef Kurt Michael Friese, our special out-of-state guest and the founding leader of Slow Food Iowa
• Evan Hanczor and George Weld of Egg
• Pitmaster Robbie Richter, the original pitmaster for Hill Country BBQ and Fatty ‘Cue Brooklyn
• Thomas Kelly of Mexicue
• Ben Schneider and St. John Frizell the Good Fork/Fort Defiance team that brought you the famous “Merpig” from Pig Islands past
• Martin Høedholt of Revolving Dansk/Copenhagen Street Dogs
• Lance Knowling of Bluejeen (Harlem)
• Danny Mena and Evan Smith of Hecho en Dumbo
• Jimmy’s No. 43
• East Village Meat Market
• NYC Hot Sauce Company’s Jon Bratton grilling up chili peppers
• Chef Jesse Jones (Chef Jesse Concepts)
• And return of fan favorites: Michael Jenkins (Butter), Joe Dobias (Joe and Mrs. Doe), King Phojanakong (Kuma Inn) and Brisket King of NYC (and Hometown BBQ’s) Billy Durney (we’re rooting for you to be there!)
In addition, we’ll have craft beer from Sixpoint, plus more NY State wine, cider and whiskies this year. There will be great chef prizes for best dishes courtesy of sponsor WÜSTHOF. New this year: all our chefs will be grilling over Royal Oak Charcoal! We also plan on having a water vendor return this year in the event of another hot September.
Or beat the heat with your very own VIP tent! VIP tents include a private tent, table, dedicated wine service and entry for six (additional tickets can be purchased if your party is larger than six people; as always, kids under 12 are free with paying adult).
Tickets are ALL-INCLUSIVE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. Includes admission for one person, unlimited beer and pork samples; cider, wine and additional beverages also included in this admission.