More updates coming soon and see below for details!
SPECIAL EARLY BIRD HOLIDAY OFFER!
ALL-INCLUSIVE TICKETS: FOOD, DRINKS, FUN! ONE PRICE; NOTHING TO BUY ONSITE!
It’s the 9th Annual Porktacular food fest! Expect star chefs and whole-hog goodness. below is copy of 2017 event, we are offering special holiday early bird tickets to previous ticket buyers at this tme, information for sept 2018 will be updated in spring 2018.buy now for holiday gifts and to support the events planning. cheers!! more chefs cooking overnight with fire and wood in the plans!!
COOKING WITH FIRE AND WOOD:)
We’ll be upping the cider component this year with 10+ cider makers sampling their best of fall ciders. Also, we’ll have different NY State regions highlighted (Fingerlakes, Hudson Valley) as we are a proud Taste NY event! Plenty of FREE water and kids 12 and under also are free with adult purchase.
We’ll be going hog wild at the beloved Pig Island on Saturday, September 8th,2018, as we return to the Brooklyn waterfront in Red Hook (across from Ikea)! Featuring 25+ chefs creating the freshest and funkiest dishes from locally sourced hogs, here is the list of last year’s porktacular celebration features:
- New and returning award-winning chefs:
- Chef Rodrigo Duarte (Casiero e Bom – last year’s Best in Show for Traditional Pork)
- Roxanne Spruance (Kingsley NYC – Zagats 2017 Best New American Restaurant, NYC)
- Arrogant Swine (Pitmaster Tyson Ho, one of Tasting Table’s “Next Generation of Top Pitmasters”)
- Butter’s Michael Jenkins (his 8th year!)
- John Patterson (Founder of The Salt Cured Pig and Slow Hand Heritage BBQ)
- Insa Brooklyn Korean BBQ
- Smoke Show (Chef Jonathan Botta)
- Belly Korean Bacon Shop (new bacon-centric place in Brooklyn)
- Jake Klein (Jake’s Handcrafted)
- Hoodoo Brown BBQ
- Humberto Guallpa (Row House)
- Chef Mike Franzetti (Alice’s Arbor)
- Jacques Gautier (Palo Santo)
- Clay Gordon (serving up a chocolate bacon fondue!)
- Ralph Perrazzo of BBD’s (Long Island)
- Alice’s Arbor (Brooklyn)
- Chef/Owner Danny Mena and Executive Chef Luis Jimenez of Hecho en Dumbo
- Chef Jesse Jones
- Chef Bill Telepan
- Thomas Perone (Pig Guy NYC, representing The Kettle Black Bar and Grill)
- Fletcher’s Brooklyn BBQ (the return of Matt Fisher and Bill Fletcher)
- Peter & Chris Giannakas of Ovelia
- Jimmy’s No. 43
Chef Rich Owens of Harlem Smoke
Chef Tahisha Solages
Heather Sanford (The Piggery)
- Artisan spirits tent curated by Modern Distillery Age featuring craft spirits from High West, Catskill Provisions, NY Distilling and Port Morris Distillery for starters
- Additional food from Southern Recipe Pork Rinds and The Piggery
- WÜSTHOF returns with a knife tent and butchering demo featuring farmers, star chefs and culinary experts, including Michael Yezzi (Flying Pigs Farm), cookbook author Tracey Ceurvels and Ted “The Butcher” Nigro, among others
- Vegetarian options include Brooklyn Brine, NYC Hot Sauce Company (returning with their roasted chiles) and a Cabot Cheese food truck
- All hogs sourced from Flying Pigs Farm and cooked over Royal Oak Charcoal hardwood briquettes
- Plenty of Craft Beer, including Sixpoint
- Eve’s, Indian Ladder Farmstead Ciders, Aspall, EZ Orchards, Original Sin and Black Duck Cidery will be part of an enhanced cider program
- Water from Essentia and Bruce Cost Ginger Ale
- Live music stations: acoustic and brass band performances throughout the day
- A Taste NY event
- Many more details to come…
And it’s all included in one general admission price (all providers subject to change)!
All sales are final. Rain or shine.
9th Annual Pig Island Farm and Chef Festival
Saturday, September 8, 2018
11:30am to 4pm
Red Hook Waterfront, Brooklyn
Early bird tickets on sale , vip tables, and more info
Click below to buy tickets
Vip tables, sponsorships, chef participation, media please email email@example.com