From the creators of Pig Island NYC™ and Brisket King NYC™, join us on Thursday May 30 at Biba in Williamsburg, Brooklyn for an all-inclusive event featuring ribs, beer, cider, spirits, and much more.
We’ll have more than 10 of the best pitmasters and chefs serving up their rib creations and competing for the Title of Rib King 2019. There will be some non-pork and vegetarian items as well.
Biba has both indoor and outdoor space overlooking Williamsburg’s East River State Park, which has great sunset views. We will also have incredible live music to keep the party lively.
Produced by Food Karma Projects and curated by NYC BBQ, the best resource for all things barbecue in NYC.
Pig Island 2019 – September 7th
10th Annual Pig Island NYC
Save the date: Saturday September 7th, 2019
The Year of the Pig
Early Bird Tickets Available and More info coming soon.
Last Year’s Event Info Below
Pig Island 2018 Judges’ Chef Awards
Best in Show:
• Chef Jesse Jones. Author of ‘POW! My Life in 40 Feasts’. His dish: whole hog pulled pork, cornmeal pancakes.
Best Whole Hog:
• Rodrigo Duarte. Special dish: Ribs in bladder. Writer Joe Distafano days Rodrigo is the best pork chef in the USA, at “caseiro e bon” In Newark, NJ
Best Traditional Ribs:
• Big Papa Smokem. He brought a unique hog roaster. And came to win! Pitmaster Mario Chape.
• Robbie Richter crew Ali, big Lou. Roasted pork, curried peach and cilantro
• Chef Roxanne Spruance of The Kingsley
Best Non-Traditional Ribs:
• Ladder 101 friends of firefighters. With toasted sesame seeds
• Jason Fox of Hudson & Charles Craft Butchers. Sausage made from whole pig
Most Bad Ass Ribs:
• La Loncheria / Chefs Danny Mena & Luis Jiménez of La Loncheria.
Lifetime Achievement Award:
• Matt Fisher of Fletcher’s Brooklyn BBQ, Ribs
9th annual Pig Island NYC event was Saturday Sept 8th. on the Red Hook, Brooklyn waterfront.
This event included:
- Craft Beer, Cider & Spirits
- Celebrity Judges
- Flying Pigs Farm Ribs Challenge
- Live music
- Special Features
2018 Chefs, Special Features, and Celebrity line up:
- Robert Cho of Kimchi Smoke
- Matt Fisher of Fletcher’s Brooklyn BBQ, Ribs
- Hoodoo Brown BBQ. #1 in Connecticut
- Gentle Giant Brewing & Barbecue. Pearl River NY
- Chef Billy Kooper of Route 66 Smokehouse. NYC
- Humberto Guallpa of Row House
- Mr. Fubz of Just+Add Beer. Ribs
- Bill Cooper of Route 66 Smokehouse
- Chef Roxanne Spruance of The Kingsley. East Village
- Rodrigo Duarte of Caseiro e Bom – Metro NYC’s greatest pork specialist.
- Flying Pigs Farm – Multiple stations, guest chefs and culinary students.
- Chefs’ Consortium
- Jimmy’s No. 43 & East Village Meat Market. Ribs & Corn with Davide Navarro from Mexico City
- Jason Fox of Hudson & Charles Craft Butchers. West Village
- La Loncheria / Chefs Danny Mena & Luis Jiménez of La Loncheria. Bushwick
- Chef Jesse Jones. Author of ‘POW! My Life in 40 Feasts’
- Friends of the Firefighters, Our Community Partner, Rib station
And Featuring Firefighter teams:
- John Fuchs and Vincent of Ladder 101, Brooklyn
- Chef Eric Howard, Top 8 Master Chef and Aaron Clark of Ladder 4 Manhattan
- RocketFuel Hot Sauce
- Roni-Sue’s Chocolates, bacon corn with Nueske’s bacon.
- Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company
- Krave Jerky
- Sixpoint Craft Beer
- Guiness Sampling Tent
- Indian Ladder Farms Cidery and Brewery, NY
- Diner Brew Co., NY
- Barrika Basque Country Cider
- Original Sin
- Urban Farm Fermentory, Maine
- Breuckelen Distilling, NY
- Pig’s Nose Scotch
- Van Brunt Stillhouse, NY
- Gennaro Pecchia, Co-host @rolandsfoodcourt @siriusxm
- Joe DiStefano @ Chopsticks & Marrow
- Adam Poch, Mr. Bacon
- Cathy Erway, Cookbook author and Heritage Radio Host
- Matt Rodbard, Editor in Chief | TASTE at Penguin Random House
Live Music by Dusty Wright & The Bush Hogs
Community Partner -Friends of Firefighters
Friends of Firefighters is dedicated to addressing the physical, mental health, and wellness needs of active and retired New York City firefighters and their families
All-Inclusive Tickets – Food, Drinks & Fun with Nothing to buy onsite!
VIP Tent Limited Offer still available.
Recent Press about Pig Island
Pig Island’s Celebration of Pork Is Back in Red Hook on September 9 – NYC BBQ By Sean Ludwig, August 17, 2018
Pig Island To Test Your Capacity For Pork This September In Red Hook – Post by Gothamist on last years Pig Island event By Nell Case, Aug 1, 2017
We’ll be going hog wild at the beloved Pig Island on Saturday, September 8th,2018, as we return to the Brooklyn waterfront in Red Hook (across from Ikea)!
All sales are final. Rain or shine.
9th Annual Pig Island Farm and Chef Festival
Saturday, September 8, 2018
11:30am to 4pm
Red Hook Waterfront, Brooklyn
General Admission tickets on sale now
Vip tables, sponsorships, chef participation, media please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Children under 12 free with ticketed parent
*Chefs subject to change